Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Moms' and My Birthday!



I just got back from visiting my mom on her birthday.
It's crazy, but it's my birthday too.
What a present! :)
My mom has dementia and it was a bit sad, and a bit funny.
She'd see the cake and party hats, ect. and realize its her birthday and smile.
Then she'd say isn't it your birthday too?
Then she'd wish me Happy Birthday, over and over with the same question.
It was like she'd just realized it.
We had such a fun lunch.
They made us wear birthday hats and everyone laughed and teased us.
Then we went back to her room at the home and she'd say, is it our birthdays today?
She'd forgotten the celebration.
I took lots of pictures and she can look at them and relive it over and over.
So I came home and thought I'd relist one of my recycled hats.
Maybe I could make Happy Birthday hats. That's an idea.
I got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers today and my husband is cooking me supper. What more could I ask for? Check the hat out in my shop
www.soulybarb.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment